PlexiHub CS Upgrade - What's the status?
The PlexiHub CS (Control System) was developed by DreamQii Inc. after the PlexiDrone IndieGoGo campaign came to an end. The original "PlexiHub" offered during the campaign was not a controller. The original PlexiHub is a device that allowed a mobile device to connect to it via BlueTooth and then relay information back forth between PlexiDrone and the PlexiLink mobile app.
Original PlexiHub Basic Functions
As described above, the original PlexiHub only worked as a communications relay for raw telemetry and control. It did not have any joysticks or video functionality.
- Telemetry (battery level, GPS data, attitude, etc.)
- Short range Bluetooth connection to mobile device
- Longer range 800 MHz to 900 MHz radio connection between PlexiHub and PlexiDrone (63 mW of power)
- High latency PlexiDrone control via mobile application available
PlexiHub CS (Control System)
PlexiHub CS Basic Functions
The PlexiHub CS is a completely different way to fly, and is a vast improvement over standard RC controllers. The PlexiHub CS is a 3-in-1 device that acts as a controller, ground station, and FPV video receiver.
- Telemetry (battery level, GPS data, attitude, etc.)
- Wired connection to mobile device (more secure)
- Longer range 800 MHz to 900 MHz radio connection between PlexiHub and PlexiDrone (1 Watt of power- a 10x improvement over the original PlexiHub)
- 50 Hz control command rate (very fast, latency not noticeable)
- Built-in 5.8 GHz video receiver
- Built-in gyroscope, accelerometer, and magnetometer
- Built-in camera controls and customizable control mapping
What were the Issues Raised by Backers?
- Some backers uncertain as to which version of the "PlexiHub" was included in the perk they contributed towards.
- Some backers believed that everyone who ordered a PlexiDrone perk during the IndieGoGo campaign were receiving the PlexiHub CS upgrade for free
- Some backers were not pleased that backers who ordered a PlexiDrone Ultimate perk would be receiving a free upgrade to the PlexiHub CS (Control System).
What Caused these Issues?
Product Naming Convention
The difference between "PlexiHub" and "PlexiHub CS" is subtle in terms of wording. However, the physical differences between the two products is evident as soon as you seen them side by side. DreamQii wanted to keep the base naming convention the same for new versions or upgrades of the product. This is the primary reason for confusion regarding which "PlexiHub" was included in the original campaign.
PlexiHub CS was Newly Developed
In order to be competitive with new camera drone products, the PlexiDrone product development team knew that the controller system had to be improved to offer features that competitors did not. The PlexiHub CS development effort required partnership between 3 companies and 2 engineering teams to realize. In addition, significant investment was made in its development outside of funds raised through the crowd-funding campaign. The PlexiHub CS was never included or advertised as being a part of perk packages offered during the original crowd-funding campaign.
A Free Upgrade for Some... but why?
DreamQii was delayed in delivering PlexiDrone perks from the IndieGoGo campaign, and to make up for the lost time, all backers who ordered a PlexiDrone Pro, PlexiDrone Pro + mini, or PlexiDrone Ultimate perk were automatically given free upgrades to:
- $179.99 USD - 3D Gimbal (instead of 2D)
- $179.00 USD - Quick Release Payload Clip (Instead of universal camera mount)
- Total Free Upgrades = $359.98 USD
- Taking into account all backers: more than $130K USD in free upgrades awarded for being late on delivery
A similar approach was taken with the PlexiHub CS upgrade, and we did our best to offer the PlexiHub CS upgrade for free or at a significantly reduced cost depending on your perk package.
Backers with PlexiDrone Ultimate Perks
PlexiHub CS upgrade is free for backers who contributed towards a PlexiDrone Ultimate perk.
Backers with PlexiDrone Starter, Pro, Pro+mini, and Ultimate Perks
The PlexiHub CS upgrade was also offered at a significantly reduced cost for backers who contributed towards a PlexiDrone Starter, PlexiDrone Pro, or PlexiDrone Pro + mini perk.
Answers & Solutions
I don't have a PlexiDrone Ultimate Perk. How can I upgrade at a reduced price?
To be as fair as possible, and operate within our means, the cost of getting the PlexiHub CS is based on the perk type you contributed towards as follows:
|Perk Type||Discount %||Coupon Code||Applied to|
|PlexiDrone Starter||50%||PHCS-START||PlexiHub CS Upgrade|
|PlexiDrone Pro (or SwarmPro)||60%||PHCS-PRO||PlexiHub CS Upgrade|
|PlexiDrone Pro + mini||70%||PHCS-PROMIN||PlexiHub CS Upgrade|
|PlexiDrone Ultimate||N/A||N/A||PlexiHub CS Upgrade
- Click here to learn about logging in to your PlexiDrone Cloud Account
- Click here to learn about using coupon codes
- Click here to learn more about the PlexiHub CS Specs and Features
Note: These discount codes are user account and e-mail specific. Please log-in to your PlexiDrone Cloud account when using them. Each user can use their coupon code only once towards the purchase of one PlexiHub CS unit (SKU PD-PH-CONT).
I ordered a PlexiDrone Ultimate Perk, but I don't see a PlexiHub CS upgrade in my order history
If you contributed towards a PlexiDrone Ultimate Perk the PlexiHub CS upgrade is already included in your perk package. In the past, our support team has added the PlexiHub CS as a separate item for backers who contributed towards a PlexiDrone Ultimate perk. This was done primarily to make customers feel more comfortable, but this is not necessary to assure your upgrade is applied and delivered.